Awen Collective Ltd. is a software company producing next generation digital forensics software solutions for industrial control systems. We specialise in devices and networks used by advanced manufacturers and critical infrastructure (utilities) – such as energy and water. We are based in Cardiff in Wales but work across the UK, EU and globally.
Awen Collective were crowned Cyber Den Champion at CyberUK 2018 Exhibition, and are recognised by the UK Government National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), a part of GCHQ, for our work on producing software for digital forensics on critical infrastructure.
We have professional memberships and accreditations please see our credentials page. We are also a member or alumnus of a number of accelerators and initiatives:
- We have membership of the 1st Cohort of IoT Accelerator of Wales by The Accelerator Network and Innovation Point, with investment from the Development Bank of Wales, Inspire Wales and White Horse Capital.
- We are members of the Cardiff Eagle Labs, run by Barclays in partnership with Legal&General.
- We have membership of the BusinessWales Accelerated Growth Programme (AGP).
- We have been through a few programmes of the "people-accelerator" called the NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator (previously the Entrepreneurial Spark).
- We are an alumnus (via the University of South Wales) of the Academic Startups Initiative (ASI) by the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), which was established thanks to financial support from UK Government as part of the National Cyber Security Strategy 2016-2021.
Cofounder-Director and CEO
Daniel is the entrepreneurial cofounder for the Awen Collective and is now its CEO. His academic background is primarily in artificial intelligence (including data science) and secondarily in cyber-physical security & incident analysis. His professional background is in software engineering and data consultancy. He was trained in entrepreneurship by the DCMS Academic Startups Initiative and the IoT Accelerator Wales, and is currently undertaking a MBA with Smartly. He is also a member of the IEEE.
Cofounder-Director and Acting CTO
Andrew is the technical cofounder for the Awen Collective and is now its CTO. He has a very extensive background in the areas of cyber-security and digital forensics. He is well-known and well-respected for his research, teaching and commercial work for both the public and the private sector, and has appeared as an expert both in the media and in court.
Advisors & Non-Execs
We have a very experienced Finance Director - Tom O'Brien from Lime Corporate Finance, ably supported by his business partner, James Fooks.
Our advisory team includes representatives from Airbus Endeavr, Sony UK, Raytheon UK, Bar Associates and BusinessWales. We also work closely with accountancy firm Williams Ross Ltd, and our legal advisors are Greenaway Scott.